April 15, 2022

What to Do if Your Newborn is Suffering from a Birth Injury

It is a tragic and horrific event when your newborn experiences injuries that doctors could have prevented. Unfortunately, thousands of children are injured or killed annually during childbirth, leaving families to deal with the emotions and pick up the pieces. If a birth injury has struck your family, you should contact a Miami birth injury lawyer to learn more about your rights and how to seek the legal compensation you and your family deserve.

Who is Responsible for My Baby’s Injury?

Though a baby’s birth is a natural process, there are many things that could go wrong. A medical staff member with your obstetrician will help to ensure everything goes well. Babies are vulnerable and fragile, and if the doctor fails to (or improperly) treats a complication or condition, the baby may have a permanent disability or physical issues. In addition, if your child is injured during the birthing process, the doctor, medical staff, and the hospital may be responsible for negligence or malpractice.

Have an Attorney Investigate

If your child suffers a birth-related injury, the first step is to determine if the injury could have been preventable. You will need someone familiar with these kinds of cases to determine who or what may have caused the issue. A skilled Miami Medical Malpractice Attorney will be able to investigate your child’s injuries, and will know what to look for in order to build your case.

You will need proof that the medical professionals are responsible for the injury of your child. This is why it is important to have an experienced Miami birth injury lawyer on your side. Your attorney will then be able to give you valuable advice on how to proceed.

How an Attorney Can Help

Experienced South Florida medical malpractice attorneys can help develop a malpractice case through investigation and research. The attorney will conduct interviews, consult with medical experts, collect evidence, determine a fair settlement, and facilitate conversations with insurance companies and medical professionals. Essentially your malpractice attorney advocates for the injured child and their parents.

When to Call an Attorney

It is best to call an attorney immediately upon your first suspicion your child may have a birth-related injury. If you fear your child has suffered birth-related injuries, call Kenneth J. Bush, P.A. we offer free initial consultations to determine if there are grounds for a birth injury case. Call us today at 305-443-3795.