What to Do if Your Loved One Has Been Injured Due to Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice in Florida, as in any state, is a serious issue, and many people are injured because of it. In serious cases a misdiagnosis could lead to wrongful death. If your love one has suffered or is currently suffering from medical malpractice, one of the first things you should do is start looking for medical malpractice attorneys in Coral Gables Florida.
What can you do to help?
Start by recognizing that something may have gone wrong during their last procedure or course of treatment. If your loved one is not acting right or is complaining of pains, lack of mobility, serious injury, or new symptoms that shouldn’t exist, then don’t hesitate to start investigating.
- Help them find an attorney.
- Offer to read through their after-care paperwork provided by the medical staff to rule out symptoms and temporarily expected behaviors.
- Research treatments and diseases, they may be experiencing.
- Help your loved one get a second, third, or fourth opinion.
- Go with them to their appointments as a support, an observer, and as a listening ear.
- Document these things and help your loved one organize the findings and their paperwork.
Do you have a case?
Speaking with a skilled attorney is one of the first priorities. A Florida medical malpractice attorney has the experience, and will be able to tell you if you have a case. They can also advise you on what steps you need to take to proceed.
Why you need an attorney
Proving medical malpractice is a complicated process. Not only is there a set timeline where everything needs to be filed, but you also need enough evidence to prove that the damage was indeed caused by medical negligence. Your attorney will know what questions to ask, which files to complete, and be able to navigate through the complicated medical and legal steps.
Contact medical malpractice attorneys in Coral Gables Florida
If someone close to you has been injured by negligent medical care, it is not too late to look for an attorney. Do not hesitate to get the help you need. Contact our office today at 305-443-3795.