Prescribed the Wrong Medication? | When to Call an Attorney
Medication is often prescribed to treat an illness or injury and used correctly, these medications can effectively help patients. However, doctors can sometimes prescribe the wrong medication. If that happens, then you may be a victim of medical malpractice in Florida.
There are many prescription errors that can occur. Here are some of the most common:
- Incorrect ingestion instructions
- Given the wrong dosage of medication
- Wrong duration of time needed to take the medication
- Failure to catch allergic reactions
- Prescribing a medication that has adverse reactions with others the patient is taking
- Medical equipment failure that leads to incorrect dosing
- Prescribing a medication that will cause harm to the patient’s other medical conditions
- Receiving unnecessary medication due to a misdiagnosis
- Failing to relay possible side effects of the medication
Evidence That Is Needed
For your case, you will need evidence of negligence on the doctor’s part. It is imperative that you hire skilled medical malpractice attorneys in Florida because it can be hard to prove that your doctor made an error while prescribing your medication. You have to be able to prove that your physician was responsible for your care.
It is impossible for physicians to get it right every time. A simple mistake is not enough to prove that malpractice occurred. A team of experts will have to prove that there was a standard of care that was not met. Additionally, you have to be able to prove that the physician’s negligence resulted in an illness or injury.
Why You Need to Hire an Attorney
Being prescribed the wrong type of medication can hurt you physically, as there can be severe side effects and physical complications. This is why it is imperative to get professional legal help and seek out the best medical malpractice lawyer Florida has to offer. It is best to contact an attorney sooner rather than later and get the help you need right away.
A knowledgeable attorney will work hard to defend your rights. They can also get you compensated for the physical and mental problems that you have suffered. If you have questions, or would like more information about how an attorney can help you, call the office of Kenneth J. Bush, P.A. today at (305) 443-3795.