August 10, 2021

Has Your Doctor Failed to Diagnose Cancer?

One of the major risks associated with cancer is when not caught early, it spreads and attacks other body tissues and organs, making it even harder to treat it. Failure to diagnose any illness, cancer included, is a form of medical malpractice. A doctor may fail to do the appropriate cancer tests like a mammogram or biopsy or a radiologist might misinterpret a photo and miss a lump or tumor.

  • Lung cancer can be misdiagnosed with asthma, pneumonia, or bronchitis.
  • Skin cancer can get misdiagnosed by skin tags, liver spots, or benign growths.
  • Cervical Cancer can be misdiagnosed because of blood in the stool or pelvic pain.

Some of the main indicators that a doctor has misdiagnosed your illness are:

  • Dismissing your complaints or symptoms
  • Failing to order the necessary tests, or follow through with them
  • Misreading your test results
  • Misdiagnosing your illness as a different disease

If a doctor does their job and fulfills their obligation to their patient, the misdiagnosis may end up being purely an unfortunate circumstance. However, if the physician deviated from the usual standard of care and missed something resulting in misdiagnosis of cancer, then the doctor may be guilty of negligence. In order to build your case, you will need the help of a Miami Florida medical malpractice attorney, so that you can gather the necessary evidence, and file everything correctly. A skilled attorney can even defend your rights in court if needed.

Suing for Medical Malpractice

Doctors have a responsibility towards their patients, including performing the necessary tests to prevent an injury or sickness. And when they fail to do that, they should be held liable for a medical malpractice lawsuit. If either you or your loved one has been misdiagnosed, it is important to talk to a Florida misdiagnosis attorney.

If you or a loved one have suffered from medical malpractice, contact a Florida misdiagnosis attorney. A skilled attorney can help you defend your rights and get the compensation you need. Contact the law firm of Kenneth J. Bush, P.A. to find out more.